Trenchless pipe lining is the newest technology, which needs minimal or no trenches to repair the existing drainage pipes. It is gaining ground in the industries of construction and civil engineering speedily.
It has become so popular that World Trenchless Day is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of September every year across the globe. In this post, we will answer a few FAQs about the trenchless technology and trenchless sewer line repair.
1. What is trenchless technology?
It’s a sewer line repair procedure which involves cleaning of a sewer line and installation of an epoxy line that seals the inside of an existing pipe. It avoids leaks, keeps stormwater out, and stops roots entering into the pipe. It’s performed via an access point, which removes the need to dig a trench.
2. How does trenchless pipe lining work?
Overall, there are more than a hundred steps involved to carry out the complete job. Here we present you with an overview of those steps:
- The process begins with a sewer camera to have inside visual inspection.
- The roots and debris are cleaned followed by pressure wash.
- The pipe liner is prepared with exclusive epoxies. The liner is inserted into the existing sewer pipeline to be pressurized and steam-cured.
- The pipeline is re-inspected with a visual camera to confirm everything is well-sealed.
3. Will trenchless technology save me money?
Firstly, it doesn’t require digging up the ground and into the walls, so there will be no expense on construction repairs. Secondly, you don’t have to vacate your house and find accommodation at a hotel.
On top of all, it is a durable system and can last up to 50 years. So, there will be no plumbing expense for many years to come.
4. How much time does the whole process take?
The complete job is carried out in one full day provided that three or four workers are working. The job is followed by a local inspector who authenticates if the job of trenchless sewer line repair meets the municipal requirements.
5. Is it a safe system?
Yes, it is. It is actually safer than digging up a sewer line and doesn’t damage your yard, floor, sidewalk, driveway, or basement. In addition, trenchless pipelining doesn’t crack or put stress on pipes.
6. Does trenchless pipe lining last longer than metal pipes?
Metal pipes start depreciating as soon as they’re installed and water starts running through them. Trenchless pipe lining doesn’t rust and is highly resistant to water and its by-products because they can’t stick on the interior walls of trenchless pipe lining. As a result, these pipe lines last much longer than the metal pipes.
7. Is trenchless pipe lining suitable for old and fragile pipelines?
Yes, it’s absolutely suitable. Trenchless pipe lining can work with a system that is even only 20% intact. If the existing drainage system hasn’t collapsed totally, this technology can resort the system.
A specialist will inspect the current system to evaluate the condition, type and severity of the problem, and will advise accordingly.
8. Who should I contact for trenchless sewer line repair?
If you are in Santa Fe NM, you don’t need to look any further than CaitCo Drainworks. The company offers residential and commercial plumbing and heating services. For trenchless sewer line repair and replacement, you can hire CaitCo’s exclusive service called Nu-Flo. CaitCo is the ultimate solution to every plumbing problem in Santa Fe NM. Please, call at 505-424-9191 to get immediate solutions.